Thursday, January 15, 2009

"Look, Boss!! Ze Grave! Ze Grave!"

NICE RACK, RICARDO!
Famed Hispanic actor Ricardo Montalban died this week. Montalban is perhaps best known for his portrayal of wishmaker Mr. Roarke on the ridiculous somebody-must-have-been-high-when-they-accepted-this ABC show "Fantasy Island." Who can forget his suave delivery: "Smiles everyone, smiles....My dear guests, I am Mr. Roarke, your host. Welcome to Fantasy Island!"

Sci-fi geeks will forever know him as the overly-chest-muscled titular villian, Khan Noonien Singh, in "Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan." I don't know for sure, but I think Montalban took his last words in real life from his character: "From Hell's heart I stab at thee. For Hate's sake, I spit my last breath at thee."

Charo and Barbie Benton are scheduled to "shake it for the camera" at a memorial service this weekend. The coffin will reportedly be lined with "soft Corinthian leather."

Ricardo may help The Oracle's fantasy come true, as he makes a late-season run at the title with Ricardo's 12 points!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice reference to the car commercial.

Johnny said...

Yikes! this blog is interesting. Hmmm what about celebrating life?

http://voicesofsalvation.blogspot.com/